The Bachelor of Medical laboratory Analysis degree program is an undergraduate degree program offered at Al-Khawarizmi International College (KIC). The program goals at preparing knowledgeable highly skilled professionals who use up-to-date instruments and biochemical, microscopic, molecular and immunological techniques to analyze blood, tissues and other medical specimens. Students graduating from this program will be able to provide services in the medical sector in the United Arab Emirates (UAE), the region and globally. Furthermore, graduates will be able to apply their knowledge and skills in biotechnology and laboratory medicine to provide essential information about the presence, extent, or absence of disease to physicians and other health care professionals. In addition, students will gain technical skills as well as problem solving, data analysis, computer skills and good oral and written communication. Upon completion of the Medical laboratory Analysis degree program, the graduates will comprise the following:
- Relevant background and knowledge in health and diseases.
- Appreciable understanding of issues relating to health promotion,
- Disease prevention and patient care.
Students graduating from the Medical Laboratory Analysis program may have career opportunities in hospitals, physician offices, veterinary, and national and regional testing laboratories; biotechnology, pharmaceutical, chemical and cosmetic industries; local, state or federal health agencies; research and teaching institutions; advanced degrees in medicine and dentistry. Furthermore, pursue a masters and doctoral degrees in biomedical sciences. Students are required to complete the Bachelor of Medical Laboratory analysis program and often licensing procedures as determined by the United Arab Emirates (UAE), the region, globally and any other employer regulations.
Program Vision Statement
The vision of KIC’s bachelor program in medical laboratory analysis is to be a prominent program in medical lab analysis in the Emirates of Abu Dhabi, UAE and the region at a bachelor level. KIC faculty members are devoted to delivering an up-to-date and comprehensive medical laboratory analysis curriculum at officers’ level coupled with promising opportunities for on-hands training in the profession of medical labs.
Program Mission Statement
The mission of the bachelor program in medical laboratory analysis is to equip graduates of this program with the theory, concepts and practical skills in the field of medical lab analysis in the Emirates of Abu Dhabi, UAE and the region at officers’ level. This can be achieved by the following:
- Deliver an academic program at bachelor level that meets a spectrum of educational aims for students, in collaboration with medical and health care sector partners, while demonstrating high quality in teaching and applied learning.
- Prepare students for a broad scope of on-hands training in the profession of biomedical sciences with special consideration for addressing the needs of the region.
- Advance the profession of life-long learning opportunities with new, innovative and effective disease prevention and patient care.
- Provide a friendly, conducive and challenging environment that helps the students, staff, and faculty to excel in the field of medical laboratory analysis.
- Provide graduates the option to pursue postgraduate education at senior higher education institutions in the UAE and abroad.